31 August 2005

*sigh* $50 ain't enough!


i'm not going to go off on a rant about how the budgets for FEMA and the army corps of engineers were slashed to pay for georgie the infantile's adventures in the middle east and his tax cuts for the obscenely wealthy... but trust me, at some point in the very near future, i will.

for now, i'm just going to say this: if you have even FIVE BUCKS to spare, please click on the title of this post and go donate some fundage to the american red cross. go without your daily starbucks fix for a few days if you have to, but please do it. our government has fucked us over once again, and this is when we open our wallets and do what they should have done.

too many good people have had their lives ruined because of this, and i only wish my finances allowed me to donate more. as they do allow, though, i intend to make additional donations.

thanks.

p.s. - if you hear anyone say something totally whack like *god sent katrina to get back at the gays*, please do you, me, and them a favor and smack them upside the head, k? ty again.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

will do... :) yeah, even the last line...i'll do that too...

peace...

Unknown said...

amen Julie, gave you props on HoF while keeping the url and numbers out there. The Red Cross helped me when I went through a hurricane... so I say give what you can and spread the word.