yet another ganked meme... this one's from the cranky prof. check out her site @ http://crankyprof.blogspot.com .
anyhoo.. here goes!
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Why not both?
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? There is no Santa. I wrap my ass off most of the month of December. I'll post a pic.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Neither. Our electric bill is heinous enough as it is.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? My husband doesn't need shrubbery to kiss me. I'm lucky like that.
5. When do you put your decorations up? The Festivus pole doesn't go up till the 22nd of December.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? I don't make the same thing every year.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? The frenzy of unwrapping my presents on XMAS Eve.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?I don't think I ever bought into the whole Santa thing actually.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I told my husband that this year, I'd wait till XMAS to open them. First time ever.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I actually like the XMAS tree. I did a tree last year. I tend to not overdecorate the tree. I don't have any filler ornaments though, so they're all cool. My favorite is a reindeer carved out of wood that I got at Eddie Bauer in Seattle.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? I live in California. I think snow is pretty on Mt. Baldy, but other than that, I'll pass.
12. Can you ice skate? Umm.. no?
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I don't think I could ever pick a favorite.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? That it's a mad rush, and then I get to slow down and just hang out with the people I love.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Ice cream made out of the leftover scratch egg nog.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Something that'll never happen again. Mom's no longer with us.*sigh*
17. What tops your tree? I'm gonna have to find a new thingy to put up there next year.
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Do I really have to choose?
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Just about anything Nat King Cole ever did.
20. Candy canes: yuck or yum? Yuck, mos def.
21. Favorite Christmas movie? I cannot think of one. I know I suck.
22. What do you leave for Santa? If I believed in Santa, I'd probably leave him an espresso-spiked hot choklit and a spliff.